Dan Jørgensen was appointed Minister for Climate, Energy and Utilities on June 27th 2019.
- Minister for Climate, Energy and Utilities since June 27, 2019.
- Member of the Danish Parliament for the Social Democratic Party since June 18, 2015.
- Minister for Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, 2013 – 2015.
- Vice-chairman of the parliamentary group of the Social Democratic Party, 2017 – 2019.
- Member of the European Parliament, 2004 – 2013. President of the Animal Welfare Intergroup, vice-chairman of European Parliament Committee on Environment, Public Health and Food Safety, and head of the Danish delegation of Social Democrats in the European Parliament.
- MSc (political science), Aarhus University, 2004.
- Former external lecturer at Seattle University, Sciences Po, Danish Institute for Study Abroad, University of Copenhagen and Aarhus University. Former adjunct professor, Aalborg University.
- Member of the board of AWE Center Nairobi, Center for Education and Humanity 2007-2010.
- Member of the advisory board of World Watch institute Europa 2011-2013.
- Author of a range of books in Danish on Europe, politics, and climate policy. Co-author of “Beyond deniers and believers: Toward a map of the politics of climate change” in Global Environmental Change, 2015.